Friday, February 20, 2009

A Year's Toil


Like the finest of sands slipping through your fingers, time waits for no one.

A year, though long, seems like only yesterday. And the word 'bleak' would have been painfully understated at this exact moment, a year ago. At this point, I wish I could say that the world is as it should be again, but it isn't.

Still, I don't regret finally pulling the plug. It needed to be done and I was the one who had to do it. If I could go back in time, I would have done more of what should have been done, and less of what shouldn't have been done. I'd have treasured more of what should have been treasured and stopped harping on what needed to be cut loose a little. Despite, or in spite of the outcome if I had a chance to do it all over again, I would. I've learnt alot and felt alot, all of which has taught me so much of who I am, and in many ways, I guess, made me a better person.

It's not been a walk in the park, and I think I've stumbled much at the beginning, shaping things the way they are today. It's still a work in progress, and I can only be hopeful of finding the right balance. In the meantime, as difficult and painful as it may be, I'll try to patiently wait for you to meet me halfway up that path....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home