Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Tired Clown..


I'm tired.. Tired of caring, tired of getting excited, tired of being sad, tired of hating...

I want to say that it's time to detox myself of all of this and of you - like letting go of a heavy baggage and hearing that satisfying tud as it slams onto the floor. The irony of it all is I don't know how to... I still can't bring myself to do that absolute cutting of the cord. The scissors descends and it's sharp steely jaws open wide, positioning itself with frightening accuracy. And yet the blades don't close. It's stuck. And I can only go, "What the fuck?"

It is probably the best option, but the damned scissors won't close! Truth is part of me wants to cut that cord, but the other half is still searching high and low for that alternative route. No, it doesn't matter what others say; I've heard it all and still want to do it my way. If you've never seen stubborn before, well just lookie this way, my friend. Can't find a finer example, I tell ya.

It's a joke. A freaking circus show. And there stands the clown, still smiling widely; his make-up masterfully disguising those woeful eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home