Friday, June 12, 2009

Fate's Fool


Fate always has a way of playing you the fool, doesn't it.

I've walked by your neighbourhood a million times, but never once have I ever bumped into you along the streets.

Now I'm downtown and I hear that familiar voice. My heart drops a little and my head snaps up only to find you walking in my direction. In that single moment, my heart plunges to the depth of my stomach and smiling seems like that hardest thing in the world. Everything just turns bleak and any joy you had gets sucked right out of you.

Why is it that the last person on earth you'd want to see always has to pop up in front of you so unexpectedly. Is it some awful joke or punishment? It's as if your life is literally a movie running in real time.

I pretended I didn't see you, but of course I did. I wonder if you saw me... But who knows, maybe you didn't and that's a good thing. On the other hand, maybe you did and you just wanted to pretend you saw no one and nothing; just so you can steel your emotions.

Either way, it's bad news for me.. I feel like absolute crap right now... I wonder when I'll feel happy again..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home