Thursday, May 29, 2008

Birthday Joys and Blues...


It's the 29th of May - exactly one week to go.

"It's the thought that counts."

I've heard that a million times and I've said that a million times, and it's all true. Unfortunately, that statement doesn't hold the same definition for everyone. Presents are... well, just presents. Material stuff that holds no meaning. I love to give people stuff, and even if many a times it doesn't come cheap. But it's not the amount you fork out that matters. It's the act of making the effort to plan and think it through beforehand that really represents the value you place on that party. Truth is, quality time spent holds so much more meaning than any present ever will.

Well, on the bleakness scale, this year's not the worst. I've been disappointed before, and on my 21st no less. I mean who goes around gathering people to meet for their birthday. Should be the other way around, shouldn't it? At least I've got two events planned already - and I even got pinned down for them almost 2 weeks in advance.

It's at times like this that you kind of see who really cares and who doesn't. And yet, there are others you'll try so hard to give the benefit of doubt. I'm awfully grateful what I already have, but there's always those whom we wish would make that effort for us the way we'd do for them... Even if the shadows of disappointment continue to hover above unwaveringly, we still wait and hope for a different outcome.

Guess my bleakness radar is up. Just not the same this year..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home