Sunday, August 30, 2009

Lost Happy Days of The Gosselins



Warning: If you don't know what's the deal with the Gosselins, I'll spare you the pain and let you know to step away from this post or any other news/gossips out there in the dark hole we call the World Wide Web.

A quiet Sunday afternoon and I'm watching old episodes of Jon & Kate Plus 8. I loved this show... well, I guess I still do, but after the whole separation drama that's going on, I can't help being torn between that nice warm and fuzzy feeling and that tinge of sadness bugging me constantly.

It's Season 4, Episode 21 -- Mr. Mom.

As how every episode begins, so do I. So, "on this episode of Jon & Kate Plus 8", Kate has to be away for a few days to take care of some promotional/charity event (it was called The Brown Bag Movement, I think), leaving Jon to take care of all 8 kids alone for 3 straight days.

It feels ironic watchin this episode, hearing Jon talk about how difficult it is to have to handle running of the house alone. While Kate usually takes care of the cooking, organising, packing, and such, Jon said he takes care of entertaining the kids and "keeping the out of the kitchen". Yeap, a great team is essential with all that goes on in that house.

It was October 2008, just 2 months shy of a year ago when they did this episode, and from what Jon says, it was in May of this year that he started "dating" Hailey Glassman, "loooong after their marriage had ended", though he STILL isn't divorced yet.

Well, he moved pretty quickly didn't he? Dear Lord, that man is..... Urrggggh.... I hate that they split. It was devastating hearing that, when we've been following this family for so long. I think I speak for all Gosselin followers, when I say that.

And now watching this episode and seeing how loving and sweet they both were (you can't fake that) to now all that resentment you see from Jon. Sure, the couple had issues and no one person should take all the blame for the split. But, seeing the way Jon is going on with all those "young bimbos", dressing like some old wannabe punk and smoking, etc. We could go on and on and nothing I say can look good for the douche bag.

The man loves his children, you can see that. But I don't understand why he is subjecting his children to all that bad media attention, going off gallivanting with these "girls" and acting like some stupid adolescent! It's painful to see these bad choices that he is making. It's like he is on a rampage to revive his "long lost youth".

There's no joy in the man's eyes these days. At least not in any of the photos or videos of him. Is he truly happy? Has it been truly worth it doing what he's done?... Nothing tells me that the answer can be 'Yes' for any of these questions. On the contrary, you actually saw joy in the man's face when he was with his children and wife (soon to be ex-wife, though I hope not) in this episode.

I'm feeling really sad right now. I need to find some comfort in something.... Before I do, I just want to say:

"JON WAKE UP, YOU DUFUS!! Do you think this woman and the way you look now is worth it?"

Hailey Glassman Drunk and Fallen


Jon and Hailey working their way to lung cancer. Great idea for a dad of 8!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home